I guess Peyton Manning got his fairy-tale ending last night, when the Denver Broncos beat the Carolina Panthers 24-10 in Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
But this win wasn’t about Manning, who finished 13-of-23 for 141 yards and an interception; it was about his defense. My hats off to them, they were the stars last night. And I’m glad someone from the defense took home MVP honors.
As for the entire night in general, I do have a few thoughts regarding Super Bowl 50:
1. Mike Carey, the CBS rules analyst, will be looking for a new gig come next fall.
2. What was up with that “What if the Buffalo Bills won a Super Bowl” pre-game piece? I could understand if the Bills were playing yesterday, but other than that it didn’t seem to fit anywhere.
3. Beyonce and Bruno Mars saved the halftime show. Seriously, had it been just the two of them, it would have been epic!
4. Maybe it was me, but most of the commercials this year were kinda “Meh.” However, I did enjoy the Turkish Airlines Gotham City spot.
5. I hope the refs get a Super Bowl ring from the Broncos. At the very least, they deserve a shoutout for the assists last night.
6. I’m gonna call Levi’s Stadium “The Big Zipper” from now on. And what was up with that turf?
7. Mtn. Dew convinced me not to try their product with this ad:
8. What is the point of giving away pizzas AFTER the Super Bowl? By then everyone’s had their fill of the stuff for a while.
9. I don’t mind Cam Newton celebrating, but when you lose, take it like a man. And for pete’s sake, try to recover your fufmble.
10. Breaking news: Scott Baio is still alive!
11. Bourne, Jason Bourne.
12. The older he gets, the scarier Steven Tyler gets.
13. You got Amy Schumer and Seth Rogan, and that’s the best commercial Bud Light can come up with?