Possible spoilers ahead!
All right, as you can see my movie review for “La La Land” is about 7 months (give or take) late. But hey, at least I got around to it. And I know some of you are out there thinking that after all the praise the critics gave the film, and all the awards it took home earlier this year, there’s probably not much left to say about “La La Land.”
Well, you’re probably right about all that. Pretty much everything that could be said about this movie has been said already. But after the wifey and I watched “La La Land” over the weekend I felt like I had to say something about it. So here are a few thoughts about “La La Land”:
- The music and lyrics are phenomenal
- Emma Stone deserved her Oscar, she was wonderful
- Ryan Gosling was damn good too, and I thought he had some of the best one liners in the film
- The visuals were stunning. Mixing 50’s, 60’s, and modern times was a risk, but it paid off.
- There aren’t many people in this city.
- “I Ran” is still a good song
- I’ve never been a fan of jazz, but after watching “La La Land” I feel like I understand it better
- Emma Stone has the best facial expressions
- The wifey and I enjoyed everything about the first 90 minutes of “La La Land.” But that ending, what the #@!*&^%! was that?!? For most of the movie we’re invested in what’s happening to Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, but that ending felt like I had something ripped out of me. Both my wifey and I felt pissed off after the movie ended, we felt cheated.
For the ending alone, “La La Land” gets a: B-